Loads of cool shit going on, thought I’d do an update for those of you who care.
1. WELCOME TO SHIT BURGER, CAN I TAKE YOUR PRE-ORDER. Half gone already, orders from Belgium, Norway and America. If you want one then go here > http://witchhunterrecords.bigcartel.com/product/knife-crimes-demo-mmxii-cd it comes in a hand-made sleeve with art by DIA ARTIO, it also has 2 badges and a bonus track which wasn’t on the tape version, you can hear that track and see a video made by our friend Dom here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=656dzwc7o94
2. OLD SHIT/NEW SHIT, our new EP is written, 4 tracks, maybe more if we fill it out with noise/interludes like we’re thinking about. We’re going to be playing the 3 main tracks from it at the upcoming big-ass shows (see next bit of news), we debuted the possible title track WORLD PAST SAVING at Liam Fox’s house party the other week and at least 1 person said they liked it, we have also dropped BURNT EDEN from the demo because it’s long as shit and the new stuff is tonnes better. If we get enough practises in then we’re dropping 1 more oldie (COLD CROSS) and adding 2 more newies before the next shows.
3. BIG-ASS SHOWS. 17th in Manchester @ The Star & Garter with Xibalba > http://www.facebook.com/events/166945773410834/ and the 19th of June in Newcastle with a little band called INTEGRITY > http://www.facebook.com/events/288875224517870/ we’ve only been going since November so fuck knows how we managed to blag these shows but we’re very happy to be playing both of them and are looking forward to debuting a load of new material/giving it our all, none of us know how much longer we’ll do this and it’s potentially gonna be the high-point of all our musical lives so yeah, gonna play our little hearts out and drop some new jamz for ya
4. STUPID SHIRTS. We’re finally getting round to releasing our BALLS DEEP IN SATAN shirt designed by friend/enemy/sexual nuisance Deadbeat, if you don’t get it (sigh) then just don’t buy it. For the rest of you non-homophobes/morons, we’re going to have these for the 2 big-ass shows with a bit of luck, and then the leftovers will be put up online afterwards. This is most likely going to be a run of 50 (we’re broke) and about a 3rd of those are already sold to our idiotic friends, so if your priorities in life are so skewed that getting one of these shirts is high up on the list, then your best chance is to get to either of the big-ass shows this month, as there won’t be many left/will be limited sizes when they go up online after. Our last shirts sold stupidly quickly and there were a lot of disappointed maggots, so if you want one, make the effort my little munchkin.
5. THE NEXT EP IS REALLY DIFFERENT. Like I said at the start, the next EP is done, we’re recording it ourselves (again, we’re broke) and it’s most likely going to be a co-op release with a few different labels, some of the ones that have expressed an interest so far have made us (me) very happy, even if it turns out they don’t do it, nice to know labels I respect/follow/secretly love too much like our band, but nothing is confirmed so you’ll find out when we do. The art is going to be handled by DIA ARTIO again because he did an awesome job on our CD art. The new shit is grimier/less traditional hardcore, I’ve been trying to turn us into a grindcore band by sneaking into our guitarists window at night and playing Pig Destroyer in his ears whilst he sleeps, and then ejaculating in his hair (I just do that for kicks)
6. EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL WILL ROT